Wednesday, May 7, 2008

when daddy gets home...

This evening as we were sitting down to dinner Julianna stopped and said, "we better wait for daddy". She's used to "waiting" for daddy, since he frequently gets home just a few moments before we sit down at the table. But, tonight he is out at late meetings, so I told Julianna, "well, daddy won't be home til late, so we are going to eat without him... you, mommy and Lydia".

She glanced up with a serious look on her face and said, "when daddy gets home, he is going to be GLAAAAD to see me"!

In other news, Julianna and I took the bus back to the post office this morning. I took my 15 newly-written postcards and the envelope that I was unable to mail the last time I was there. [you can get more details about that craziness in my previous post.]

Success? I did manage to mail 15 postcards. BUT, the envelope is still in my possession. Seems the "special" envelope I have to use is still unavailable (it's been almost two weeks since I was first told to "come back in a day or two" for the special envelope). The post office lady wanted me to leave a phone number so she could call me when they arrived. Things are not looking good for the envelope....

2 comments:

Patt said...

Isn't that a wonderful way for a little girl to know her father - that he is going to be so glaaad to see her when he gets home! A simple but pure example of how we should all know our Father's love. Love you and miss you, Mom/Grandmama

Julie Redfern said...

We hear that phrase A LOT around here too. Justin is usually out of the house for 12 or so hours. Caroline hears me say "when daddy gets home" so often I don't know if she will believe me much longer!
Love Julie