Wednesday, May 21, 2008

starting the celebrations

My birthday is coming up (this Saturday) and I like to think it's worthy of at least a week's worth of celebrating! We've had a few packages arrive, and that definitely adds to the excitement, especially for Julianna, who asks multiple times a day... when are we going to open the presents?!? We've had the conversation so often that she now answers her own question. "when are we going to open the presents?" she says, "on mommy's birthday!" she answers :)

We had a little birthday get-together last night with some of our friends here. Erin Ashley used the newly-arrived "muffin man baking cups" and made cupcakes with little faces on them. They were SO CUTE!She actually went above and beyond in the baking category and also made angel food cake (my favorite!).

We also played a fun game of "play doh sculpting"... kind of like Pictionary, except you use play-doh to sculpt your clue while your team members guess. It was so fun!

Here's Matt with two of his teammates and his sculpted "smile"


And Erin Ashley and me trying to guess a clue...

3 comments:

Marie Crissman said...

Dear Laura,
I just wanted you to know that I LOVE keeping up with your beautiful little family via your blog. What a treasure it will be in years to come as you reflect back on these busy times! Here's hoping your birthday week and day are all that you hope for . . . Give everyone a hug from Mark and myself!

Love, Marie

Anonymous said...

I agree with Marie. I love checking your blog and seeing what you guys are up too. Happy Birthday!! Hope it is a great day.
Love Julie

Jaci said...

Happy Birthday week! Here's a BIG birthday hug!! I have been praying for the country, your family and your heart...I hope that you have a wonderful week of celebrating YOU! You are a jewel...and I agree with the other ladies...I LOVE checking your blog and am so glad we can stay in touch this way!