Saturday, May 31, 2008

off to a little vacation

Well, the past two days have been really full, and I've barely even laid eyes on the computer, much less actually sat down in front of it! On Friday afternoon Erin Ashley and I headed in to town for a little get-together - a bunch of our friends who are here for a year hosted a really special afternoon party for some of us 'older' folks. It was SO neat!

My favorite part was definitely that they served dinner! A "relaxed" meal around this house just doesn't happen that often - hey, I consider the meal a big success if I can get away with just sweeping the floor at the end (not sweeping and wiping down with a wet rag). So, being served by them was soooo nice! Unfortunately, I had to rush away at the end because...

Matt and I were taking care of some other kids for the night. Our friends Steve and Marlene needed (and deserved!!) a little get-away, so Matt and I and our two girls moved over to their house for the evening. Their 4 kiddos plus our two brought the grand total to 6 children under the age of 7! And Matt was on his own with til I got there.

The evening went really smooth and I even got to sleep in til 7:30 this morning - Lydia slept late (a rare gift!) and Matt got up with the early risers. Here's a quick photo of all 6 on the sofa after breakfast. And no, that's not a big grin on Lydia's face - she's been a big momma's girl all day and was pretty much only content when I was holding her.

Sleeping til 7:30 was a sneak preview of the next two days - Matt and I leave tomorrow (Sunday) morning and will be gone for two days. And I plan on sleeping late late late! But I am sad to leave too - I just am not away from the girls that often. If you think about it, pray for Lydia while I'm gone. I think she'll do okay taking a bottle, but I'm not really confident. And she just doesn't like to be away from me for long. Julianna, on the other hand, will do just fine. She knows she's staying with Xiao Li and is excited about the food - Xiao Li cooks Chinese dishes (of course) and Julianna loves every last bite :)

1 comment:

Patt said...

Well, we've missed your postings for a couple of days. What a couch full of kids! Sorry Lydia was not so happy. Maybe it's out of her system and she'll be fine with Xiao Li - for Xiao Li's sake I pray so! Have a great time on your trip and enjoy the extra zzzz's! Love, Mom/Grandmama