Monday, May 19, 2008

and then she closes her eyes...

Well, with the earthquake dominating our hearts and thoughts, I haven't spent a lot of time blogging about the girls. Never fear, they are as cute as ever :)

Grandma Jan sent a package with these silicon muffin cups to bake with... I made pumpkin muffins that very day, and Julianna couldn't get enough of the "muffin man". (see Julianna has her cake tester in her hand... she loves to "test" baked goods when they come out of the oven.)


Later that day Julianna demonstrated just how one should go about eating a "muffin man".



Lydia ate a few chunks of pumpkin muffin herself. But mostly, she LOVES to laugh... here she is with Matt, giggling and squealing :)


As Lydia gets older (she hit the 9 month mark last week), the two girls are really starting to enjoy playing together. I moved the exersaucer into the girls bedroom... now, with Lydia "safely" in the exersaucer, I feel confident leaving the two of them in their room to play - while I get a few things done around the house.

Of course, like any good mother, I walk by the doorway of their room to check on them pretty frequently. One time as I walked by Julianna ran over to the door to tell me how much fun they were having. I didn't understand the whole conversation (pretty typical Julianna -she gets so excited and talks so fast that no one could possibly follow every single word). But, I got the gist of it... they were playing with one of Julianna's stuffed animals - a large pink pig, about the size of a kickball, that we named "crazy pig". Julianna's last sentence was something like, "and then crazy pig [missed a word] and Lydia closes her eyes".

"Well that sounds fun" I said, "does Lydia like it?"

"yeah, she really likes it. She closes her eyes" was the answer.

A few days later the same scenario was taking place. And I caught a glimpse of what was really happening. Julianna would stand in front of Lydia, who was "standing" in the exersaucer. Then, with a big heave, Julianna would bounce crazy pig off of Lydia's forehead. (that was the "closes her eyes" part... Lydia closed her eyes as the pig came hurtling towards her head.)

Thankfully, Julianna is usually very gentle and sweet with her little sister. Her she is 'reading' to Lydia.

5 comments:

Patt said...

What a sweet posting - we've missed those daily missives! Thankful too that crazy pig is so soft! Love, Mom/Grandmama

Anonymous said...

I love the matching Oshkosh outfits! I have missed reading and seeing the cute kids of yours.
love Julie

Anonymous said...

You were right, they are still very cute!
Love,
Susan

Paul said...

Reading already -- does not surprise me at all

Lydia will be soon too!!

love GrandDad

Kristi said...

Hee hee hee... I love the sibling interactions...what fun, sweet memories!!

Thanks for sharing...we are praying for you guys!