Saturday, May 3, 2008

holiday time

You would think I'd be posting to the blog more frequently... after all, it's a holiday here and Matt has two days off of work! So, theoretically, I would have a bit more free time to play on the computer.

But, I just haven't gotten around to it. Yesterday Matt went out for a long bike ride and I worked on some projects for Lydia while the girls napped. I have a great photo collage frame that Grandma Jan gave me with a spot to put a photo of Lydia from each month of the first year of her life. I'm also trying to keep up with a "baby's first year" calendar for her. Unfortunately, our Microsoft photodraw isn't working right, so I ended up more frustrated than fruitful. oh well.

In the late afternoon we went into town for a little shopping and dinner. Shopping took us to Metro - it's kind of like a German version of Sam's Club. Kind of. They have some imported groceries. And Julianna loves the section where they sell fresh fish. In addition to tanks of live fish, they've also got frogs and turtles. Matt had the girls in one cart checking out the turtles while I did the "real" shopping and loaded up on butter and a few other essentials.

I go to Metro about once every few months. Every now and then they have cottage cheese. Like maybe once a year. But, I always head over to the dairy section full of anticipation! The few times that they do have cottage cheese I buy it all! - it's usually only one or two small containers. No luck this trip. Maybe next time -

My friend Jaci "tagged" me with a little "get to know you" kind of blog post, and I am hoping to work on it and get it posted in the next day few days. So, stay tuned...

3 comments:

Patt said...

Greetings East Asia branch of the family! Panama had a labor day holiday on Thursday as well. A relatively - and I do mean relatively - quiet day in the city. Love to you all - Mom/Grandmama

Anonymous said...

Alton Brown from the Food Network has a great recipe to make cottage cheese on the food network site. It sounds like something that would be gross, but it is better than store bought.

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura, Matt, Julianna and Lydia,
I have been reading your blog and suddenly really started missing you guys. The toilet pictures of Ldyia are so cute. She will love you for those one of these days. I really liked your comments Laura on the tagged list. That is a good way to get to know alittle more about a persons thoughts and feelings.
Abigail and Nathaniel are so cute it isn't fair to the rest of the world. Nathaniel has red curls now and beautiful blue eyes and he loves to flirt with anyone who takes an interest in him which is just about everyone. I'll send a pic or 2. Abigail starts kindergarten this fall and is very anxious to get started.
Andrew will be home for 2 wks the last of July and then we will take him to Quantaco, VA to Embassy School for 8 wks and from there he has no idea. He is excited about the adventure though.
Carey is working hard and still lives at 305 around the corner. Melanie and Dave are doing well but like you with 2 small children.
Give the girls a hug for Aunt Barbara and stay well.
Love to you all.