Friday, May 9, 2008

a little early for the potty, isn't it??

A few nights ago the girls were in the bath when Lydia got "the face"... you know, the "I'm about to poop" face. Uh oh. Matt looked around for the quickest and easiest way to avert disaster - and I walk in the bathroom to this sight:





Lydia is a VERY expressive baby, can you tell? She was hamming it up for the camera from her perch on the edge of the toilet. I was laughing so hard I could barely hold the camera still for a good photo.

Julianna was still in the tub, cheering her on. Julianna is VERY eager to teach Lydia to use the potty. I personally think it's because when Julianna was learning to use the potty I rewarded a successful trip to the toilet with a chocolate chip. She's appointed herself "distributor of the chocolate chips" when Lydia starts potty training and is ready for Lydia to get started on her earnings - I'm sure Julianna's hoping to snatch a few from the bag as she doles out rewards to her little sister.

Unfortunately for this diaper-changing mommy, I think Lydia's probably got a while before she's ready for potty-training, or chocolate chip-eating, for that matter!

7 comments:

Patt said...

What precious photos! Lydia will be angry about those one day! Questsion is - was her first potty successful? Love, Mom/Grandmama

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! Those pictures are so funny! And I've noticed in other pictures how expressive she can be. Your girls are so adorable, hopefully the next time y'all are state-side we'll get to see each other. love you!

Jaci said...

SO CUTE!!! What faces...how fun to laugh that hard!:)

Julie Redfern said...

I love it! I didn't catch Will in time the other night and he pooped in the tub!! Oh well, I am ready for him to start potty training but I don't think he is quite yet. Caroline got 1 M&M for tinkle and 2 M&M's for poop when she was learning so I think that will work for Will too, we'll see.
love ya

Kristi said...

CUTE pics...I LOVE them!!! Love Lydia's expressions! :-)

Lori said...

That is hilarious! Madelynne was TOTALLY "poopy trained" before potty trained (because of that very LOOK you were talking about)! Sorry, I just wrote "poopy" on your blog! Anyway, Happy Mother's Day! :-)

Brent, Sara, Hannah and Sam said...

These pictures made me laugh out loud - how cute! Wonder what our kids will think when they are older and know we have posted some pretty cute/funny pics of them along the way :)
Love,
Sara