Sunday, May 4, 2008

I was "tagged"....

Some of my friends (especially the ND bunch) have been passing around this "blog game of tag". My friend Jaci (a former North Dakotan) tagged me, so I answer the following sentence-starters, then "tag" the next person.

Here goes -

I am….....a child of the Lord, a wife, a mother, a friend, a foreigner.

I want.....to read more, to write more, to laugh more.

I have......a great extended family and terrific in-laws!

I wish......I was a better friend.

I hate.........that China is so far away from America.

I miss.........my friends and family.

I fear.........the death of someone in my family (not that I fear death, but I fear the pain of loss that death would bring).

I feel.........full of hope.

I hear......... Matt & the girls reading books together, someone in our apartment complex practicing some sort of wind instrument (maybe clarinet? but maybe some local instrument that I don't know the name of).

I smell........pineapple (I've been snacking!)

I crave.........dessert!, some western restaurants (not just the food, but the food & atmosphere).

I search......for recipes on the internet.

I wonder....... what kind of memories I will have in heaven (like what parts of my life on earth I will remember).

I regret........ the hurtful things I have done, missed opportunities.

I love..........Matt and my girls, Julianna and Lydia.

I ache...........when I feel unable or unqualified or unprepared to help people in need.

I care...........too much about what other people think about me.

I always.......read signs (road signs, store signs, advertisements, bumper stickers, etc) when I am riding in a car.

I am not…... afraid to give stuff away.

I believe.........that it is possible to "waste" your life chasing things that will never satisfy, and that it is possible to find the ONE thing that will satisfy you entirely, for eternity.

I dance.........the cha-cha-cha :)

I sing............... only in large groups. [I WISH I could sing like my sisters-in-law, Krisanne and Kristi.]

I cry............pretty infrequently (but most often in airports).

I don’t always.........wake up as early as I wish I did.

I fight........the tendency to be emotionally lazy and walk the path of least resistance though life.

I write........ lists!

I never.........plan to be so "contextualized" to the culture here that I will eat spicy rice noodles for breakfast - and like them!

I listen.........to our newly-repaired IPOD, John Piper sermons, and I am downloading the new Sandra McCracken/Derek Webb album right now.

I need...........a new hobby.

I am happy......when I feel connected to and understood by my friends and family.



My blogging friend Laura in ND "tagged" a bunch of people, and I plan to follow her example. So, my college roommates (Leslie and Sara), my sister-in-law with the great voice (Kristi), my cousin and passer-of-great-hand-me-downs (Julie) and my KM blogging buddies (Danielle and Erin Ashley) - YOU'RE IT!!!

3 comments:

Jaci said...

Thanks for playing along Laura!:) It was fun to read your list...I too wish there was not such a distance between America and China! I would love to have you over to play!

The Huffmans said...

So fun! loved reading this! I will have to fill mine out sometime soon! check out pic of Julianna with bowl on her head on our blog! I just saw you 2 hours ago, I am now writing on your blog, and I will see you agian in an hour. We Huffmans love the Kvernens!

Kristi said...

Fun to read and fun to get to know you more!!! Thanks for sharing!!

And, thanks for your prayers for our Kylie...we appreciate it!