Monday, May 19, 2008

back on blogger

Well, it's time for another post. And I'm not even going to really write about the earthquake. Only one piece of news: China has declared a three day mourning period (today, Tuesday and Wednesday) - today at 2:28 pm is the one week anniversary of the earthquake... that's about 15 minutes from now.

But, life does go on - the earthquake is no longer the ONLY headline on news sites and conversation is starting to turn to other topics.

Last Friday night my friend Erin Ashley hosted a "Girls Night" for a bunch of the college women here. What do college age girls like to talk about??? You guessed it - LOVE! We had a lot of fun laughing and talking and learning together. Julianna and I made heart-shaped sugar cookies for the event. Julianna was "in charge" of putting sprinkles on the cookies. I was in charge of rolling and cutting cookies faster than she could destroy them. I really do like baking with her, but it takes a LOT of patience. That day I just kept thinking, "what am I going to do when Lydia wants to get up here and bake with me too???"

In other news, I am WAY behind on posting some photos to our blog, I'll try to get some posted later tonight (Matt has small group study at our house on Monday evenings, and I'll have lots of time to wait for pictures to upload).

So, that's it for now. Not a lot to report. It's 2:27. Last week at 2:27 life was carrying on as expected, and then one minute, an earthquake, and it all changed. Not just for the 50,000 that are dead. But for the millions who lost homes and livelihoods and everything.

No comments: