Wednesday, May 28, 2008

company for lunch

Well, we had company for lunch here today... one little girl, that is! Emma Grace joined us for a little morning play time and lunch. It was a lot of fun :) I took about five photos - this is the one that comes closest to "all three looking at the camera". Yes, I realize that in the photo technically none of them are looking at the camera, but at least you can see two pairs of eyes in this shot! Emma Grace was too busy playing with the toys to pay me any attention.


Matt and I are going out of town this weekend - It's my first time away from Lydia since she was born... and while I am really looking forward to it, I am also a bit sad to leave her. She's just started successfully taking a bottle at lunch time, so she certainly won't starve while we're gone, though she is going to miss her momma. And this momma is going to miss both her little girls. Although we have our long days, I can't imagine not being home with them... I love knowing all the little details of their day.

Xiao Li will be taking care of them while we're out of town. And she is so great with them. So I am thankful to be able to leave them with someone I trust so completely. Still.... even though we don't leave for 4 more days, I am already starting to get a little sad. But I also can't wait to sleep late!! So, I am also starting to get VERY excited :)

3 comments:

Patt said...

Wow, mixed feelings on your trip out of town. Hope you can relax and enjoy your "adult" time. The girls are blessed to have you. And you are all blessed to have and love Xiao Li. Love to all, Mom/Grandmama

Kristi said...

Yes...I so know those "mixed feelings" of leaving the kiddos behind. I pray that you and Matt have a WONDERFUL time away...that it is relaxing, restful (with sleep in time for sure!), that things go well with the girls on the home front, and the reunion is sweet when everyone is back together again!!!

Enjoy!

Jaci said...

I hope that you had a wonderful time away together. I LOVE to sleep in too...I hope that you had some great mornings of this. Can't wait to hear about it...