Thursday, September 9, 2010

my stair steps

I remember looking at my three kids right after Isaac's birth.  The girls seemed H-U-G-E and he seemed so teeny tiny.

19 months separate Julianna & Lydia and 19 months separate Lydia & Isaac.... but when he was a baby, it was hard to believe.  I thought of the girls as "my big kids" and Isaac as "my baby".    



But not anymore - the girls are growing and changing, but not nearly as fast as Isaac, and he is a baby no longer.  Recently I've been thinking they look just like stair steps, so this morning I lined them up for a photo.


I love it!  Isaac's vocabulary is exploding, he really likes to play with his sisters, not just near his sisters, and the three of them make quite the team (especially when they help me shop for groceries!)

4 comments:

Mom/Grandmama said...

Love those photos - adorable kids, if I say so myself! Definitely are stair steps in height. Noticed those warm clothes too - still in the 90s here. Love you all bunches!

Julie Redfern said...

THey are cute! Love the stair steps. Rocking the pink and purple Julianna!! Love Julie

Paul said...

right nice looking if I say so myself

love, the GrandDad (pround one too)

Leslie said...

I love Lydia's pose in the first picture - one hand on Julianna and one on Isaac. She fits so well in the middle. Beautiful children!