Thursday, September 30, 2010

falling for fall

It's been a long time since we've experienced true fall weather.  Maybe that's why we are loving it so much? 

In my opinion, this is a perfect 'waiting for a new baby' season :)  I am definitely counting the days, but I am also loving every beautiful, crisp, warm sun on my back, sweatshirt weather piece of fall.  


The kids think falling leaves are the new best toy around.  Even Isaac gets in on the fun and carries them around in a little shovel. 


Moving leaves from one part of the yard....


to a big pile in another part of the yard.....


provides hours of entertainment. 

I put the camera away before the pile got big enough for jumping - but the fun was contagious.  Even Matt took a few plunges into the pile.  Leaves were everywhere! 


Starting today we could be less than one week from meeting our new baby boy!  If the weather stays like this, the days will surely fly by and it won't be long before we're loading the van for one very long road trip. 

What exactly do you do/think/feel/say when you're riding down the interstate, hours from meeting your son? 

6 comments:

Paul said...

reminds me of Cole St.
love Dad

Jaci said...

So excited for you all. And tell us, when you do drive what you think/feel/say...I would imagine it is much like driving to the hospital to have a baby. I am excited to "meet" this little guy!! And Fall was my favorite in ND...lots of great memories in the leaves!!

Mom/Grandmama said...

The fall leaves do bring back memories from your childhood and from mine - we had a huge yard and lots of trees on the farm! Back then you played in the leaf pile and then you burned it - an exciting event too. What excitement coming up for you all!

Jill K said...

How sweet to think of you all, pray for you this week and for that drive and for you walking into the hospital... and out, with him.

Praying.

Praising.

And as for the record, it will have *lots* of evidence of your love for your new baby boy as you eagerly await his arrival.... I love your nesting in your for-now home! Way to go sweet Mama!

Jenny said...

Praying for you guys!! I remember when we were heading to get Vera I kept thinking...'am I going to cry or not?' Funny that is what I kept thinking about! And Praying for that drive and the meeting and everything. Wow, so exciting Laura!

Jaci said...

Popcorn is TOTALLY a vegetable! :-)