Friday, October 31, 2008

last day in October

Wow, October is already over! I had big goals of all the things I wanted to do this month (the rest of the winter is pretty busy for us - family visits and holidays in November and December/January, some travel in late January/early February, and then we'll leave for Beijing to have baby #3 sometime before mid-March). So, all that to say, I kind of looked at October as my "chance to get some things done month".

I didn't get EVERYTHING done, but October still rates as a success in my book! I've been cleaning and re-arranging and getting-rid-of-stuff as I figure out exactly where baby #3 will lay its sweet little head once it is no longer conveniently residing in my belly. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure by the time March rolls around, I'll be more than happy to welcome this little one to the big wide world. But, it is taking a little effort to make room for this baby!

Of course, October was a busy month for the girls too! Here they are in a few of my favorite "October moments"!

Julianna colors EVERY day - she loves it!


Lydia spends a lot of her day looking for or playing with balls. (Look closely and you'll see that she has three in her hands in the photo below!)

And, no, this is not a tea party. This is "music practice".


All in all, it was a GREAT October. And we can't wait for all that's in store in the months to come :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And hasn't this month just flown by?! The girls looks so happy - can't wait to be there to enjoy the fun! Love you!

Anonymous said...

When did Lydia get so big - she looks full of personality! Enjoy the times ahead.
susan

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way. October did just fly by! I also found the white contact paper works really well for coloring with little ones. You can just cut off what you need and then it stick to the table and is easier for them to color on since it doesn't move. Caroline loed coloring on it and then we would "hang" it on the wall. It would still stick to the wall. Love Julie

Anonymous said...

I agree - I can't figure our where October went over here, either! I think it's amazing all that needs to be done to prepare to go overseas, I sure can't imagine what it's going to be like someday with little ones... At least we'll have done it before when that time comes!

I can't wait to join the music practice with Julianna and Lydia soon! Love you all!

Krisanne