Tuesday, October 21, 2008

lots of questions about baby #3

I've started getting lots of questions about baby #3 - hopefully this post will get you curious folks up to date on all the details :)

First things first: Yes, I too am eager to know if the baby is a boy or girl! We had an ultrasound on Monday morning - everything looked great, the baby was active and moving around BUT spent most of its time with its body turned facing my spine, so we couldn't tell if it was a boy or girl. The ultrasound tech said, "it is keeping it's secret". It did turn its face to one side, which was fun... we got to see a lot of clear face views and the baby kept moving its hand like it was brushing its hair (of course, I can pretty much guarantee there is no hair to brush, and there will not be any for a good long while - but the baby is getting lots of practice anyways.)

We'll try again soon - maybe this week - to see if we can convince the baby to let it's "secret" out. I am not at all interested in waiting until the due date to find out about the boy/girl question. I consider myself a patient person based purely on the fact that I waited all the way until week 18 to have the ultrasound :)

Other stuff you may (or may not) care to know? The baby is definitely getting stronger and moves around a lot - but not the spastic crazy movements like Lydia dealt out - so I'm thinking this pregnancy might be more comfortable for my internal organs :)

And, we're still in the process of deciding exactly where this little one will be born. If you've never moved halfway around the world or halfway across a continent for the birth of a little one, consider yourself lucky! It's no fun to uproot your family in the final weeks of pregnancy. I would LOVE to be able to give birth and bring my new baby back to MY OWN HOUSE! What luxury! But, it just doesn't seem wise given the medical situation in our city. We're pretty sure this little one will be making his/her grand appearance in Beijing - same hospital as Julianna.

I think that's about it for the baby news. I'm off to bed -

2 comments:

Julie Redfern said...

Thanks for the update! I am getting excited for you!
Love Julie

Jaci said...

Yes, I am curious and do want to know! Looking forward to the baby letting his/her secret be known next week!=) hopefully anyway!