Saturday, October 25, 2008

becoming readers

Most days right after lunch we have "reading in your room time". The basic idea is that the girls play together in their room while I have a few minutes to get started cleaning up after lunch, straighten the house from the morning's mess, read email, blog, make a phone call, whatever.

It's also a good "wind down" as we approach nap time, though some days they get pretty rowdy and I love just listening to them laugh and play. Today was really quiet though - and when I peeked around the door, I knew I had to run grab the camera, because this is what I saw:




Two little "readers"! So fun!

Of course, the quiet didn't last long. Lydia turned to a noisy (read: battery operated) toy and a few minutes later Julianna hopped off the bed to join in on the fun. But it was nice to see them both reading - even for the briefest moment. I love to read, and hope that my girls learn to love it too :)

So, now you know how I spent today's "reading in your room time" - writing this post! Gotta run now, going to do a little playing with my little girls before nap time starts.

2 comments:

Paul said...

beautiful pictures , and such a good idea of wind down-

Anonymous said...

I do hope too that your girls love to read like you do - can't imagine that they won't catch the reading bug! Love you!