Friday, October 10, 2008

the bet

Way back in June Matt and I laid bets on when Lydia would walk. I chose Sept 15 (her 13 month birthday) and Matt chose a week prior (Sept 8). Well, the verdict is in - although she technically took three independent steps on September 8th, she's still not a big walker.... these days she'll take 5-8 steps towards a person, but rarely chooses to walk somewhere on her own. Clearly, I'm the winner :)

The bet? Loser cooks dinner for the winner. I teased Matt and jokingly suggested that he prepare one of his two specialties - French toast or instant pudding from a box (which, come to think of it, French toast topped with chocolate pudding might not be a terrible dessert). Last night he cooked and really showed me up.

Hard at work marinating chicken....


The menu?
Potato skin appetizers


Lemon Chicken Salad


and Key Lime Pie



Yum! It was fabulous!

Now, the real question is: why doesn't he do more of the cooking around this house? Just kidding, I really do love to cook and I think I'd be bummed to give up my role as "chief cook", but I do like to take a night off every now and then - especially when a dinner like this is what waits!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm impressed! Grahams specialty is Hamburger Helper (from a box).
love,
Susan

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm impressed too, Matt. Fantastic. Shouldn't hide that light under a bushel!

Anonymous said...

And where's the video of little Lydia taking those first tenative steps?

Jaci said...

Nice!:) It is always fun to have a little bet with the hubby...especially when you are the winner!