Friday, October 24, 2008

when your favorite neighbors move 12,000 miles away

My favorite neighbors leave for America tonight.

I'm still trying to figure out exactly what life will look like when Andy, Erin Ashley and Emma Grace are not here. It will look pretty different, that's for sure :(

When their family leaves the foreign population in our town is cut in half! Matt becomes my only local "English speaking buddy" (well, technically I guess the girls might count in this category, but conversation with them is a bit limited). My girls' best buddy (Emma Grace) disappears.

It would take me paragraphs to list all the things I love about living near them. And, honestly, it probably won't be til after they are gone that I figure out even MORE things that I didn't realize I enjoyed about their neighbor-ship!

The good news? They'll be back (and when they come they'll be bringing baby #2 with them!)

The bad news? They aren't coming back until February.

We spent a lot of our day hanging out with our neighbor buddies. And I'll go to the airport with them tonight to say my last "goodbye". (Their flight takes off at midnight... pray for them if you think about it, 30 hours of travel with a 16 month old is not a walk in the park. I know. I've done it.)

Here are a few photos I took this morning as we were enjoying our final hours of play together







3 comments:

The Huffmans said...

Thanks Laura! You're the best! I know I don't say it often enough but I am so thankful for the friendship God has given us-this year has been so much fun growing closer to you and your family. From our trip to Bangkok to your companionship learning the ropes out here in podunkville-your friendship has been such a blessing! We're gonna miss you guys lots! See you on the blog-and the webcam-and email-and the phone-hehe-sounds like I will be stalking you from America!

Jaci said...

I will continue to pray for you friend! How special that you all have each other there...I am sure it will feel a little lonely (or maybe a lot?). I will be praying that God fills that as only He can!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a big change for your daily lives! But you got lots of Crissman and Kvernen company coming!