Monday, October 6, 2008

no paci updates

Well, after I wrote my "no more pacis day" post things took a turn for the worse... for Lydia, that is. She fussed and cried almost 30 minutes before finally sleeping without her paci. Argh. I had my first "was this really a good idea?" doubts but decided I would stick with it. And I'm glad I did - she's doing much better again, just a little fussing, then falling asleep, but she's still not taking her normal long afternoon nap. Oh well, I'm going to hang in there a bit longer.

Julianna, on the other hand, is golden. Doesn't even really mention the missing paci. Yay for her!

Other than the "not so good napping" problem for Lydia, we're having lots of fun with Matt (he's had two days off, in additional to his normal weekend of Sunday/Monday). Julianna and Lydia love to brush their hair - Julianna gets on a stool in front of the sink and uses LOTS of water and a little brushing to semi-tame her locks. Lydia just waves the brush near the top of her head. Sometimes Julianna decides she needs to get involved and help Lydia - like in the photo below.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Precious! They'll be doing this through their high school years, at least! Love you all!