Saturday, February 9, 2008

Whuzzat? Why?? and a new tooth!!

I can’t believe it, but our vacation days are almost gone. Last night Matt and I went out on a date to a Thai seafood restaurant here on the island. One of our favorite features of Koh Samui is that you fly on/fly off (one airport… daily flights to Hong Kong and Singapore, hourly flights to Bangkok and random flights to a few other domestic locations). Anyways, we had a terrific beach front table and looked out over a beautiful ocean, the sky was lit by the stars and every now and then we’d see an airplane leaving. Sad to think that on Tuesday morning one of those planes will carry us away to Bangkok and then home.

We’re determined to make the most of our last few days here…. pool, beach, gobs of sunscreen and lots of friends!

The island is loaded with northern Europeans seeking better weather. Matt met a family on the beach yesterday from northern Norway. Apparently it's quite mountainous where they live (maybe all of northern Norway is mountainous?) and they are currently in a season where THE SUN DOES NOT RISE ABOVE THE HORIZON FOR TWO MONTHS! Wowsers. No wonder they flew to Thailand. The dad said that there is a period of light every day, but they do not see the sun. These Europeans also know how to vacation.... overheard a conversation a few days ago - folks who are here for the next SIX WEEKS!

Anyways, on to some family news.

Julianna talks and talks. Her favorite things to say? Whuzzat? (What’s that?) and Why? She’s also perfecting the “I” pronoun. “I don’t want to”, “I can’t”, “I need it”, “I coming”, “I want some lunch”. She’s also picked up on one of her daddy’s phrases – “How ‘bout that?” In context it usually goes a bit like this: “I want some more cheese. How ‘bout that?” or “Mommy go swimming. How ‘bout that?” or "I go touch puppy's head. How 'bout that?"

Lydia, not to be outdone by her big sister, is making some big leaps of her own. Got her first tooth yesterday and surprised everybody – even me! I had noticed her gums getting a little thin but wasn’t expecting a tooth quite yet. Stuck my finger in her mouth yesterday and, voila, felt something sharp on her bottom gum! Yay Lydia!

1 comment:

Jaci said...

Hey!

Lizzy says "Whazzat" all the time too...I love reading what Julianna is up to...it seems to be very similiar to Lizzy!

Thanks for the note! And I LOVE the baby blanket. Abby received 2 like that when she was in the ICU. Some women from a group called Yarn Yoga crocheted several of these blankets and brought them to hand out at Medical City. They are some of my favorites and we have gotten many comments about them!!

So glad you had enough to pay...I was glad to read that as i had been wondering!:-)