Friday, February 1, 2008

camera confession....

Well, this is not good news. I lost the camera (it was stolen?) earlier this week at the pool. I’ve put off sharing the news with the remotely held hope that it might possibly turn up somewhere, but the hope is gone. I feel terrible. I LOVED our camera, and used it almost every day. In the few days we haven’t had it, I’ve turned and reached for it so many times, only to remember it’s not there. The only small speck of good news is that I had just uploaded our photos (so we didn’t loose any) and the tape was brand new, with only a few minutes of footage.

I borrowed the Huffman’s camera yesterday and took some photos of the girls, but I need a special cable to upload them to our computer, so it will be a few days before I can post them. We’ll buy a new camera, and have my dad bring it to us in March.

Today is the last day in Chiang Mai. Julianna headed off to childcare and Matt is in his last day of class. I walked down to Starbucks for my final decaf latte and am getting ready to start packing. Matt had one last northern Thailand mountain bike ride planned for this afternoon, but it’s rainy this morning, so he might have to cancel if the sun doesn’t come out.

In lieu of an up-to the-minute photograph, I’ll have to post an older one… here’s Julianna from last week – sharing her snack with Jing Jing (the panda). Jing Jing made the trip to Thailand, of course, he’s quite the international traveler. Jing Jing gets his name from BeiJing, the city where Julianna was born. Likewise, Lydia has a bunny rabbit named Carolina, who sleeps in her bed at home. Lydia isn’t too attached yet, so Carolina remained at home for this trip…. But something tells me she’ll be on an international flight some day soon.

No comments: