Sunday, February 24, 2008

continuing a tradition

When my Dad was about 6 months old, his mom took him to a photo studio and had some pictures made... which were then compiled into a composite frame and hung on the wall in the house where he grew up. The same thing was done for each of Dad's four younger brothers. When Dad and his brothers started having kids, my grandmother continued the tradition - same photo studio, similar poses, similar composite for all the grandkids.

In May of 2006, it was the third generation's turn to visit the studio. We were in NC with Julianna, went to the studio and had photos taken of Julianna. Now, Lydia's time has arrived. Unfortunately, we're about 12,000 miles from the studio. Never fear, we've found a solution. We're getting photos made here, and then sending them back to the studio where my Dad was first photographed 60 years ago - where the photographer will create a similar composite using Lydia's digital prints. The big photo shoot is tomorrow morning. I'll let you know how it goes!


here's a picture of the my Dad's composite (on the left) and mine (right). These photos (and my brother's) hung over my parents bed when I was little.


I don't have a digital copy of Julianna's composite, but here she is on the morning of her photo shoot... she was 5 months old.

1 comment:

Patt said...

So looking forward to seeing Lydia's six month photos! And getting them to Westbrook to get the composite done! We love this tradition. Missing you and jealous of Dad's upcoming trip. Love, Mom/Grandmama