Tuesday, November 3, 2009

roommate anniversary

It's not on the Hallmark calendar, but November 2nd is a big day around here. It is ROOMMATE ANNIVERSARY, the holiday I created to celebrate the day (night?) that Julianna and Lydia were roommates for the first time.

This year's celebration had a little extra something special.... Isaac is a member of the roommate club! I'm not sure he's a permanent addition to the girls' room, but for now we're enjoying all three of them sharing a bedroom. And so are they.

To celebrate we went on an afternoon adventure outing, shopped for a little gift, and ate a special dessert. The gift was a new wake-up-number-clock. The girls are not allowed to come out of their room until 7 am, and Julianna is keeper of the clock. The clock is used (and abused) daily and we replace it about once every 4 or 5 months. Thankfully, there is a store in town that stocks a wide selection of 4 dollar plastic alarm clocks.

The previous clock was on it's last shaky legs and Roommate Anniversary was the perfect excuse to buy a new one. The girls picked out a spiffy yellow Winnie the Pooh clock.


Last year I started a Roommate Anniversary journal and put in photos of the girls in their beds. So I took new pictures to add to the journal.




Isaac doesn't care a whit about the Winnie the Pooh clock. And he didn't get to enjoy the Roommate Anniversary dessert. But he is a roommate now, so he got his photo taken too.

Happy Roommate Anniversary to my precious kiddos!

4 comments:

Mom/Grandmama said...

Wow - what fun! The girls still look thrilled to be roommates and the photos are precious. Mr. Isaac goes with the flow as always! What wonderful blessings! Love you all!

Anonymous said...

So sweet! I like to tell mine the same thing about not coming out until 7 but with school I really only stick to that on the weekends! GO Laura! They all look so happy in their beds! Love Julie

Jaci said...

How fun!! They share my wedding anniversary...I will probably now not forget that it is also two adorable girls' roommate anniversary!

Vimal and Tabatha Patel said...

What a fun idea, Laura! I may have to steal your idea since Rachel and Anna just became roomates! I check up on you guys ever so often - and I feel right at home reading your blog. we are in the same stage of life - my youngest is almost 9 months (a girl, though!). Thanks for reminding me to celebrate the little things!