Monday, November 16, 2009

Saturday's dinner

So what DID we eat on Saturday night?

Matt got home and I explained the empty fridge predicament. With a little convincing from him, the whole family headed out the door to try a noodle restaurant near campus.


We ordered our food and the girls entertained the restaurant owner while Matt started feeding Isaac.


Our food came and everything was going pretty smoothly


when Lydia managed to dump a bottle of water onto her big sister. Julianna's dress was drenched. The sun was low in the sky, the temps were cooling off, and we were riding home on bikes. There was only one option.....


Matt's shirt. (He was wearing two, so he took off his undershirt and put it on her.) She was pleased to be "dressed like daddy" but also noted that she "did NOT like to wear white". Happily, she was willing to make an exception to her white clothing boycott.

Not sure if I'm willing to do this every Saturday night, but it worked!

5 comments:

Krisanne said...

That's hilarious! (Maybe it wasn't so hilarious at the time, but the story is!) I was wondering what you ended up eating, and meant to ask you on Saturday. :) Love you all!

Btw - I love pancakes and eggs as a quick meal if I don't have much around. That's about all I know around here, except pbj, as long as I have bread made. Sometimes we just do big omelets and some toast, too. Everything seems to revolve around us having eggs...

Mom/Grandmama said...

What an eventful evening. Julianna - you'll be remembering the night you wore Baba's white t-shirt! Loved the photos - glad you keep the camera handy at all times! Thanks for the webcam - we love talking with you and seeing your lovely smiling faces! We love you and miss you - see you soon!

Paul said...

two quick observations: Lydia's table manners remind me of her Uncle's at that age (well most any time) and Julianna is correct- it is way to late in the year to wear white.

love GrandDad

Julie Redfern said...

Love it!! Great adventure eating! I am glad you had your camera handy too. Caroline still isn't a fan of wearing white so Julianna doesn't have to worry about getting white hand-me-downs! love julie

JBC said...

I actually laughed out loud at this post! Julianna is clearly going for the new shabby chic look and is only distressed that she didn't have a belt to tie off that new mens' wear look.

And I'm pretty sure I saw some eating noodles like that just last night...