Tuesday, November 17, 2009

snow coat practice

In the past 24 hours the temperature has dropped at least 20 degrees. Since we don't have any especially effective means of heating our apartment, when the outside temp drops 20 degrees, the inside temp drops 20 degrees. It's chilly. Welcome winter!

The girls were excited to try out their 'snow coats'.


I love that children are easily thrilled by small things. Getting bundled up and heading outside to "see if their snow coats kept them warm" was a highlight of the morning! I mean, really, when was the last time you got really excited about your winter jacket?!?


Isaac isn't a pink jacket type of guy. He opted for his WFU hat and Fighting Sioux jacket. Divided allegiances. But he's got time to work on that :)


Matt has started growing a beard, the weather is cooler, and Thanksgiving is next week. Oh yippee! The holidays are just around the corner!

5 comments:

Mom/Grandmama said...

What adorable grandchildren! Everyone looks cozy in their snow coats! The joy of childhood is wonderful - puts a smile on my face 8,000 miles away! Love you all and miss you too!

Leslie said...

Hi Laura,

Are those gardenias blooming behind Julianna? Whatever they are, ours are blooming also. Makes me think you are closer than you really are.

Tell Julianna that I LOVE her striped tights. Amanda is wearing a similar pair today.

Jaci said...

CUTE, CUTE CUTE!! It really IS the little things, isn't it? :-)

Paul said...

good looking hat on Isaac- (and he will not run out of that stuff either)

love GrandDad

JBC said...

My goodness they look so sweet they're absolutely edible! Your post made me want to get really excited about my winter coat... then I realized I couldn't because it's so hot outside that the thought of a winter coat made me turn the a/c on.