Tuesday, November 10, 2009

what I should've bought

I am home. The mom's conference was so awesome. So awesome. Seriously. I loved it.

But I also missed my husband and my children and was glad to come home.

I bought a few things while I was gone - a really cool sweater dress for myself and two pairs of bright red leggings with rainbow stripes and ruffles for the girls.

The good news is that the leggings match approximately 0.5 % of the items in the girls' wardrobe. In other words, THEY LOVE THEM!!! I'll have to get a photo. As Julianna so aptly put it, "I don't like white very much." (She told me that one morning when I was trying to convince her to choose a white bow for her hair. I thought that her clothing already included way too many colors and a nice white bow might soften the look a little. Ha. She wouldn't touch a white bow with a ten foot pole.)

Unfortunately, this morning at the breakfast table I realized that what I should have bought was a nice indoor raincoat. Because Isaac is in some sort of super-spit-up-challenge and I spend most of the morning getting blasted with all kinds of regurgitated junk. Ugh. He seems to slow down after his first nap, but the early morning hours are brutal. I think he might be teething so maybe the extra drool is causing all the spit up? Whatever the reason, some sort of waterproof clothing would have been a nice investment. oh well.

So I'm home. And delighted to be here. Rainbow leggings, morning spit up and all :)

2 comments:

Mom/Grandmama said...

So glad you had an awesome weekend. Sounds like Matt plus 3 survived the weekend fine but I'm sure they were as glad to see you as you them! Love to you all!

JBC said...

Your rainbow tights have brought back so many wonderful memories of wanting to grow up to be rainbow bright... remember her?