Thursday, November 5, 2009

the weekend

I leave tomorrow afternoon for a weekend-long moms conference.

Matt stays home with this crew....


You can pray for him :)

I am excited for the opportunity to get away and spend time enjoying fellowship with other moms who 'live my life'. But I'm also a little sad to leave my kiddos. Especially Isaac. It's always hardest for me to leave the littlest one.

I know he will do fine. They all will. But it's still sad to say goodbye, even for a short time. I debated taking him with me, at least for part of the time, but Matt insisted that I leave him here for the entire weekend. "You won't have nearly as much fun if Isaac is there, and it won't be as restful for you."

I'm wondering if Matt will live to regret his eagerness for me to leave him with all three :)

The fridge is full of food, the laundry is washed & folded - and I'm away from (most of my) mommy duties for a weekend!

6 comments:

Krisanne said...

I hope you have a wonderful time, Laura! And we'll be praying for Matt. :) So glad you can take a break and have some time to connect with other moms and women there!

Paul said...

Matt, let 'em watch movies

love GrandDad

Mom/Grandmama said...

We're glad you're getting this opportunity too. Well-earned and deserved! Matt- we're already praying for you! Movies?

Anonymous said...

What a sweet looking crew to be 'stuck' with! Enjoy your weekend!
love, Susan

Anonymous said...

Have a blast Laura! You surely deserve it! Go Matt and have lots of fun! Love Julie

Anonymous said...

Matt - you are my hero. I cant watch my dog for the weekend.

SCC