Wednesday, October 31, 2012

surgery date set

John Paul's cleft palate repair surgery is set.  We check into the hospital Monday morning.  He'll have preliminary blood work and some other evaluations that day.  Surgery will be Tuesday if nothing unusual happens and his blood work results are good (please pray for this!  he'll need to be looking and feeling healthy as can be before the surgeon will agree to move forward!)

We will most likely be in the hospital til Thursday. 

Folks, I am officially way out of my league. 

Right now I'm mostly preoccupied trying to arrange help with our other children, figuring out what we need to take the hospital, getting some stuff prepped for when we return home, etc. 

But I'm thinking I'll panic and stress at some point, probably late weekend :) 

Please do be praying for our little boy.  Pray that the surgery would be successful beyond all of our expectations.  I've been praying that God would use this surgery to give John Paul a voice... and also praying hard that John Paul's voice would praise and honor Jesus.  Oh that he would grow up to be a man who speaks daily of God's goodness to him. 




4 comments:

Julie Redfern said...

We will be praying for you all! I wish I was closer so I could help with the kids. Monday is Eric's birthday too so it's got to be a great day for surgery!!

Cheryl said...

Our prayers are with you and your family. One of my favorite quotes of encouragement: Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary,and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary,they will walk and not be faint.

Jaci said...

We will be praying! And I will most definitely be praying that he grows to be a man who praises our Lord!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, prayers will be said. Oh, how little we know of our children's futures. How hard it is to live in the joy of the Lord at times like you are having...We so pray for John Paul's health and future walk with Jesus. John 14:Believe in God, Believe also in Me. Jesus says, I am the way, I am the truth, I am the life.
Love & hugs, BN