Saturday, August 9, 2008

what if you got a package that was as tall as you are??

A birthday package arrived for Lydia today - and I couldn't resist snapping a photo. The box is as tall as she is! Julianna is EAGER for the big birthday to arrive. She's already volunteered to help Lydia open her presents, and is ready for some serious cupcake eating :)


We stayed up late last night to watch the opening ceremonies. I managed to stay awake through the entire parade of nations (I really wanted to see China's athletes), dozed off and then woke back up when the torch was entering the stadium. The torch was lit about midnight and I cannot even begin to guess the last time I was up that late! I am not a night owl, and morning came way too quickly today!

I think all of China did watch the ceremonies... we were at Erin Ashley and Andy's (they live in the building next to us, a 2 minute walk away). As Matt and I stumbled home at midnight we noticed that almost every apartment still had lights on! I really think everyone in our complex watched the event on television.

It's crazy to think that I'll be in that same stadium in just a few days, watching track and field events! Don't worry, I will definitely be taking lots of photos and plan to post some to the blog!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I wish I got a package that was as tall as I am!! Can you imagine all the chocolate chips, muffin mixes, magazines, candy, and peter pan peanut butter that you could fit in a 5 feet 4 inch tall box!?!?! That would be amazing. Tell Lydia she's lucky!

Anonymous said...

Wow, fun times ahead opening birhday packages! Lydia looks a little unsteady on her feet but she is on her feet! We watched the first couple of hours of the opening ceremonies last night and recorded the rest. Wonderful!