Friday, August 29, 2008

camping in the bedroom

Julianna is gearing up for our annual camping trip with students (in October). Yesterday she made this "tent" and then insisted that Lydia lay on the pillow and sleep in the tent with her. Lydia obliged, for a few brief seconds.

I actually didn't really get it either - the tent is definitely a Julianna-creation, and only her eyes could see it as a tent. But she was convinced ... Lydia and I had no choice but to play along.


Matt and I actually just discussed the camping trip a week or so ago. I wondered if he wanted to take both girls (last year he took Julianna, Lydia was about ten weeks old and stayed home with me). He's convinced that one daughter is his max - Lydia goes only if I go too.

Jury is still out on that one. I love camping. But I'm thinking through all the ramifications of taking both girls camping with about 40 other college age folks. No camp ground either, just a random field in the middle of a random (not so populated) area of the county. It's a short walk/hike from the nearest road. What to do??? I have another month or so before I have to decide :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute photo! Julianna does have imagination! You and Stephen used to love playing in an indoor tent made from a folding card table with a cloth cover (including door and window with covering flaps) I made. I'm sure we still have that cover somewhere! Love you guys!

Kristi said...

What a precious, priceless photo, Laura! I love it! :-) I love those sweet, sister moments!