Thursday, August 21, 2008

watching my buddies win gold

It's been almost two days since we arrived home from Beijing. Our time there was so full, so intense... and so so so fun. I just read that Kerri Walsh and Misty May-Treanor won the beach volleyball gold. Hello - I was there, at Chaoyang Park, watching them play only a few days ago! I almost feel like they're old buddies :)

I also read that Usain Bolt won the men's 200 meter, and I saw him too - running in two different preliminary heats - at the track where he just set another world record. Again, I feel like I somehow know him, even if all I did was watch him from row 24.

It's really neat to have seen all these places and athletes that I now read about. I'm so thankful that Matt and I had the opportunity to go - what a cool experience.

I keep thinking I'm going to sit down and sort through our photos and put a few more of my favorites on the blog. I haven't even gotten a chance to look at all of them yet - Matt hit the ground running here back at home and has been working like a crazy man :) [He's not crazy, of course, but he does love his job - and it's a very intense time of year for him.]

So, hopefully more photos soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Buds, huh? You saw these great athletes up close and personal, so I can see why you feel a connection! Love ya!

Paul said...

I felt exactly the same way after seeing Mohammed Ali fight Joe Fraizer for 15 rounds on closed circut TV in the old Greensboro Colisuem in 71 or 72 with my Dad (in the old days that was about as close as you could get) -- know what you mean --

Jaci said...

Of course they are your buddies! I would feel the SAME way!:) So neat that you did get to watch them play!

Kristi said...

What FUN to watch those athletes WIN after seeing them in person!

Thanks for your prayers this week as we entered into this new phase of our life. It has been emotional, stressful, and heart-wrenching...yet such a neat time of trust and fellowship with the Lord as well as we have "let go" in sending Mackenzie to school! So, I appreciate your prayers and comments, my friend!