Thursday, May 17, 2012

when it rains....

it pours.

As if Grandma leaving wasn't enough!  It seems that we are quickly unraveling at the seams around here.  Yesterday we dealt with mold problems in Luke's little closet-bedroom, the power was out all day and my house helper broke her foot and can't work for a month. 

In other words, we've got some pretty challenging days ahead of us :)

We were a teary group at the airport this morning saying goodbye, and as I walked off with the kids I had a very distinct "here goes real life" feeling.  But the five of us made it to the car, and then endured a scream-filled ride home (sweet Luke royally hates his car seat), and the late part of the morning was smooth smooth smooth. 

I'm off to work on gathering some supper.  This whole "eating" thing is a good deal trickier with no marketing-trips from my house helper!  If it was just me I'd survive on crackers and peanut butter and lots of fruit.  But there are five other folks who depend on me to meet their nutritional needs to I better get cracking! 

Here are some GREAT photos of Grandma with each of the children!







We miss you so much already Grandma!

3 comments:

Krisanne said...

Praying for you!

Rob and Carrie said...

Whew! That is a lot right now. We'll be praying for you, too!

Chris, Leah, Austin, Bennett and Lucy said...

Wow, feeling for you! Will pray things start going more smoothly and for grace and energy for Mommy. Miss you guys