Friday, May 4, 2012

days like this

I've heard that some days are like this.  Even in Australia.  (if this makes sense to you then you - like me - read a lot of children's literature.)

My last two days have been tough.  Maybe I'm tired of being tired.  Maybe I'm tired of feeding a newborn.  Maybe I'm tired of not having "as much" of myself to give to my other kids.  Maybe I'm tired of my children whacking their siblings with sticks (on the head, nonetheless). 


Did you know that I like to be alone? (which is one reason I'm going to be a superstar mother of five young kids - ha!)

These first weeks; they are precious.  I love his soft head and his chubbing-up legs and his tremendously loud burps.  (Seriously, you've never heard a little guy produce this kind of noise.  I have a very clear vision of brother-burp-contests in our near future and sweet Isaac and John Paul have no idea what they'll be up against!)

But there's no denying that Luke has rocked our little family boat.  And while the waves are definitely subsiding, they still leave me a bit seasick and wobbly-kneed.

There will be days like this.  Many many days like this.

And I would not trade this privilege, this motherhood journey.  Even on these days. 

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh we love Alexander and his Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. Maybe its because we can all relate to him.

Praying that you have fewer of those days and more like the book I just read to Amanda before nap - Smile. The little girl has lost her smile and looks everywhere for it. She finally finds it when she isn't looking for it any more. It's cute and it made me smile.

Jaci said...

I am there with you friend! So I think it must be true that they happen everywhere. Love and hugs and prayers your way!