Saturday, May 26, 2012

May 24th

is my birthday :)

We celebrated Friday.  Honestly, it was a really long tough day book-ended with a fun present-opening and skype (with my parents, brother, sister in law and  new nephew) in the morning and Happy Birthday song singing that evening. 

The gifts, primarily handmade loot :)  love this about our kids, our family. 


Here we are getting ready to dig in to the key lime pie that Matt and the kids made for me.  The big pillar candles were already on the table (power outage during dinner on Wednesday night and I hadn't put them away yet).... perfect! 

While Matt rigged up the camera and timer I would lift Luke and put him face first towards the pie like he was going to take a huge bite.  It was hilarious and we were all busy laughing.  Well, Luke didn't technically laugh, but he was enjoying himself :) 


Because it's embarrassing how few photos we have of just Matt and me.  Years from now I want to remember what I looked like :) 


That's me on my 35th birthday.  I don't feel that old.  But then again, some days I do. 



6 comments:

Rob and Carrie said...

Happy belated birthday, Laura! Such a cute photo of you and Matt.

Paul said...

Happy Birthday favorite oldest daughter. Somedays I feel old too.
your Dad

Grandma Jan said...

Happy birthday dear Laura. Love the post and all the photos. Thanks so much. Hope we can Skype on Sunday night. Love , Jan

Mom/Grandmama said...

Looka like you got lots of wonderful handmade gifts. Good photos of you and Matt too. A beautiful family.

Anonymous said...

A happy Birthday to You, Laura! Praising for you & yours as each day God's grace & mercy continues to be lived.
Love, BN

Susan said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like it was a great day - I love the picture of you and Matt!