Wednesday, May 9, 2012

timelines

We are still waiting to get official approval (LOA) from the Chinese government to adopt John Paul.  This is the wait with the most difficult-to-predict time frame.  Two to four months is what we first heard.  And now we are closing in on the three month mark with no end in sight. 

For the first months I was patient.  Or maybe I was distracted.... you know, labor, delivery, newborn Luke... that was pretty distracting :)  But now I am officially TIRED OF WAITING. 


The other day I was talking about it with Matt and said, "from my perspective the perfect timeline would be to get LOA by xxx and then pick him up by xxx" and I stopped myself and grinned.  Not a happy grin.  More like a "face reality Laura" kind of grin. 

You know, my first 'perfect timeline' had us adopting domestically in the fall of 2010.

Clearly, we are a bit off from my timeline.

And just as clearly, MY timeline is not really the issue here at all. 


I can make up timelines all I want.  But the reality is that God (who created time) is writing this story, and His timeline is the only one that matters.

And, ultimately, His is the only timeline I desire.  Because with my limited wisdom and love the timeline I created is just that.... Limited.  Imperfect.  Flawed. 

But God is perfectly wise, perfectly loving, perfectly sovereign.  And though it is a battle, I want to choose to trust His timeline.  But man oh man am I ready to get that little boy and bring him HOME!!!!



While we wait we're getting a little package ready to send to John Paul.  And in that package we're sending a "meet your family" photo book.  I need to snap a picture of Matt and me, and maybe redo Luke's (?), and would love to add a pic of the six of us holding a photo of him and the other package goodies.  [I got that idea from a friend and thought it was so clever.]

It's kinda fun to think through things he might enjoy.  But it's more fun to imagine him enjoying them here, with us. 


John Paul,

Your Big Sister loves you.
Your Second Sister loves you.
Your Big Brother loves you.
Your Little Brother loves you.
Your Mommy and Daddy love you.

We can't wait to bring you home!

2 comments:

Krisanne said...

What awesome pictures of your sweet kiddos, and what a cool thing to send him a package, but yes, praying with you that he can be in YOUR home soon! I agree that God's timelines are always good and always best, but they can sure be tough. Love and hugs to you all!

Andy and Sheryl said...

Oh, please do hurry home John Paul!