Saturday, March 8, 2008

still travelling

I'm planning to take a break from my typical blogging topics for the next week. My dad and five of our friends from Raleigh are on their way to visit us - and I hope to provide lots of updates! [If you are here for lots of news on the little girls, I'll make sure to throw in a few tidbits about them too!]

The group left RDU at 7am EST (8pm Friday night our time). It is now 9 am Saturday morning, and they are just about half-way here! I got an email from Dad while he was in Chicago and all was well. They should be landing in Beijing at 4 this afternoon (so they have about 7 hours left on the long leg of the journey). After they get through customs and immigration and to boarding area for their domestic flight, Dad hopes to call and update me on their journey.

If the travelers are big movie watchers, they are probably on their 3rd film by this point! The plane they are on will have individual screens for each passenger, and the passenger can choose when to start/stop/pause/fast forward/rewind movies from a list of about 50 different films, tv shows and programs. Before kids, I could finish a 500 page novel on one trans-pacific flight. With kids, I'm lucky if I get to finish one entire movie!

My mom, on the other hand, went to visit my brother Stephen and Jenn in Panama City. She left at the same time as Dad and his friends but she is already there! Maybe Matt and I should consider a transfer to Central America??

Check back in later, I will definitely post if the guys call from Beijing.

No comments: