Monday, March 17, 2008

nope, I'll be sleeping

I'm not a big "party person"... it's not that I don't like parties, or get-togethers, I just don't need a whole lot of social activity. I like quiet, I like to be alone, I like to have time to think and read without the chaos of life interrupting me (doesn't sound much like life with two little kids, does it??) So, every now and then, I find myself searching for an excuse to not attend a party.

Last night, I didn't have to look far. I guess it wasn't technically a "party", but Matt and Dad and Andy planned to get up in the middle of the night to watch the ACC championship game. "Nope, I'll be sleeping", I assured them. Before we fell asleep Matt prayed that God would give us a restful night. I chuckled... afterall, the alarm was set for 12:55 am! But, God answered :) The alarm didn't go off right, or something... and Matt slept til 1:50 (missing the first half).

But, as soon as he realized what happened, Matt hopped out of bed, got Dad, and the two went over to Andy's to enjoy a UNC victory. When Matt came back to bed a little after 3 am, I rolled over and asked if Carolina won. Yep, he said. I smiled and went back to sleep. That's my kind of a party!

We're enjoying using our new camera, and I've got lots of photos of Dad and the girls together. I just need to figure out how to upload them to our computer, and then I'll be able to post some. It's Monday morning, Matt's day off, and he plans to work on getting the photos loaded (and teaching me how to do it myself). So, hopefully, I can post them later today.

1 comment:

Patt said...

Good to talk with you this morning - Matt sounded a little sleepy - guess he and Dad both missed some key REM sleep! Love, Mom