Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Dad's day downtown and other news

Today my Dad ventured out on his own - went downtown and had a grand time. The girls and I held down the fort here at home, and I checked email every few hours waiting for news on my college roommate Sara. I finally got the email I'd been waiting for a few minutes ago - her little girl, Hannah Elizabeth, was born four hours ago (3am local time).

This morning Erin Ashley and I planned our Easter lunch menu - I'm in charge of asparagus, BBQ ribs, twice baked potatoes and some sort of bread. I'm thinking about making a braided loaf of some kind, so if you have good experience with that kind of thing, please comment and let me know your tips! I've never tried a braided loaf. But, I can braid hair, so it seems like I should be qualified :)

Matt is actually doing the ribs... this is the third or fourth year in a row he's made them for Easter. Ribs are the highlight on the short list of "things Matt can cook" - other notable dishes on that list include scrambled eggs, French toast and instant pudding from a box. I love when he makes "breakfast for dinner".

Erin Ashley and I are also planning a little Easter Sunday afternoon get-together for some of our friends from the neighborhood. It should be a riot. The guest list is, well... unique. Top of the list is the lady who delivers our milk & yogurt every day. She has a 9 month old grandson. When I invited her this afternoon she was thrilled! "of course, of course I'll come", she said.

Matt and I went on a date Monday night, and are going again tomorrow - living it up while Dad is in town! Matt's a bit stressed with some stuff on the work-front, so that's no fun.

2 comments:

Patt said...

Wonderful news on Sara and Brent's little girl Hannah Elizabeth! We'll be in touch with them. And your Easter Sunday dinner sounds delicious! Good luck with the bread - your Grandmother Doris would be proud of you and I am too! Love, Mom/Grandmama

Anonymous said...

Grandmother Doris' sweet bread is the only braided loaf that I think Crissman's are allowed to make! Good thing it's so good!
Love,
Susan