Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Dad's long journey home

Dad left yesterday morning on the long trek back to NC. 32 hours later, he landed at RDU... Mom called a few hours ago to let me know that he made it safe and sound. At the last minute he was able to upgrade to a more comfortable seat and got a lot of sleeping done on the trans-Pacific leg of the flight!

We had such a fun time with Dad here... Julianna and Lydia got to spend LOTS of quality time with Granddaddy, which was a big treat!

Our apartment is not especially large or spacious, but we do love to host visitors! Maybe one day we'll get to host you :)

4 comments:

Jaci said...

I Would LOVE to visit!:)

I am so glad that you had a nice time with your dad!!!

Kristi said...

I too am so glad to hear that you got to spend some great time with your Dad! What a blessing!

And, what a great picture you got of the five of you together!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

I want to come see you guys so bad. Maybe one day. Glad Uncle Paul had a great time and made it home safe.
love
Julie

Laura Lu said...

Hey Matt and Laura...it's fun to catch up on what you guys. I'm glad I found your blog!

Laura