Wednesday, March 12, 2008

doing the "tourist thing"

We've had another very full day here - having guests is a lot of fun, but also a lot of work :) But it is fun work, you know what I mean?

Our visitors have been doing the "tourist thing" today ... hitting all the hotspots in town. Julianna and I joined them for the morning and it was absolutely beautiful outside. We visited the "Minority Village". It's a teeny bit like Epcot - different areas of the park are constructed to portray the customs of various ethnic groups in our area of the country. It's really very nicely done and a neat way to learn about each group.

After lunch the group toured the western hills - I bet they got some great photos because the sky was really clear this afternoon. [I know I always promise photos but each evening when I sit down to update the blog, I realize that the camera is still out with the group.... sorry about that :)]

After our full morning, Julianna took a monster nap this afternoon and I got to enjoy some time with just Lydia. We finally got the CD of photos from her 6 month portraits and they turned out so good! Here is one of my favorites:


Tomorrow is our visitors' last day here in town... they head to Beijing tomorrow afternoon. Friday and Saturday they'll be seeing some of Beijing's highlights (Great Wall, Tiananmen Square, Temple of Heaven, Forbidden City) and then they board a flight back to the U.S. Matt will join them for the Beijing tour, but I'm staying home with the girls. Dad is here for ten more days, so we'll have lots of fun together!

I really will do my best to get some photos posted to the blog - maybe even tomorrow morning??

4 comments:

kkvernen said...

Lydia is so beautiful. We love reading your updates! We check it everyday. Connor and Carson love seeing Julianna playing. There favorite picture to look back at is of Julianna and her funny flower hat and glasses. They think she's pretty silly! Love to you all!
Kristi

Patt said...

Sounds like you're all do for a big nap! I know you're all having fun getting to know that wonderful group of men from ESUMC. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

That picture of Lydia is so cute! Sounds like you all have been very busy - but glad to hear everyone is having a good time. We love seeing what you're up to!

Love you!

Krisanne

Anonymous said...

I also check everyday (sometimes more!) and love seeing what you are doing. What a beautiful picture of Lydia. Tell everyone we said hello.
Love Julie