Saturday, March 29, 2008

on the road again...

It's been 7 whole weeks since the girls and I took our last flight so we've been itching to get on the road again. Ha ha ha :) Travel just seems to get more and more complicated, so I'm not sure I'm ever really "itching" to get on the road . But, travel is a big reality in our lives. Thankfully, the girls and I miss out on much of it. This is the only trip for the girls between February and late June! [Matt and I are hoping to go to a friend's wedding in early June, but assuming Lydia is willing to take a bottle, we have no plans to take the girls with us on that trip!]

But, all that said, I am looking forward to tomorrow's trip - we're flying to a nearby city to visit some friends there for a few days. It is SO FUN to fellowship with other expat families living here - we share similar struggles and joys and concerns.

So, it's worth packing up and heading to the airport for an opportunity to encourage and be encouraged by friends. Julianna can't WAIT - she loves airplanes. Unfortunately, her love tends to dwindle after an hour or so, which makes long flights a bit of a challenge. Thankfully, this is a short little flight, so we'll be ready to land about the time she gets restless.

I'll probably be able to post a few photos while I'm there, so stay tuned...

1 comment:

Patt said...

Looking forward to hearing about your trip. Hope all went well. Love, Mom/Grandmama