Friday, December 27, 2013

Christmas Day fun

This is one of those rare times that I am blogging because 'i feel like i should'.  Such special special days, behind and ahead of us, and I just don't want to get so far behind that I loose the memories or forget to download pictures or .... So it's a good kind of 'should' that has me here tonight.

With a bunch of photos, mostly. 

Christmas morning came plenty early, I guess that's to be expected in a house with six children!


Unfortunately my sister in law Jen was out of commission with a stomach bug (which later attacked both Lydia and Luke) but the rest of us had a grand time digging into the pile under the tree. 


Both these girls delight to give gifts, simple little gifts, many of them "bought" from my mom, who has a stash of little treats and surprises she picks up on clearance.


Isaac's new favorite shirt is this Carolina football jersey my Dad picked out for him.  We played a little two-hand touch in the cul de sac before lunch and I'm pretty sure Isaac is hooked.



And all so very excited to show Matt what we chose for him - much debate at the store and it was a bit chaotic at times, but worth it to have this group gift from the kiddos.


Proud to have picked a shirt just for him. 


And speaking of shirts, look what my littlest two are wearing :)  If only I can keep them from flying their kites in the house, right?


The grandkids (minus Raleigh) with their new nutcrackers.  We'll use these as table centerpieces at a family gathering tomorrow and it's so fun for each child to have "their own" that my Mom can use to decorate year after year. 



Mom and Dad and the six grands... pretty precious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes, precious pictures indeed. I've been away from the computer for 3 weeks, so enjoying each note, smile & story. Thank You!!!
Love you.