Monday, December 2, 2013

big days, little visits

So fun to be here in the States for Thanksgiving, and also so fun to be here for the little visits - holidays are a treat, but it's often the little visits that I miss the most. 

This afternoon I took my older three to see my college roommate Sara and her two children - her husband was out and I was enjoying not chasing toddlers so we had tons of time to visit, and watch our children play together.  BIG treat!


We ate dessert sitting by the fire.  Double treat!


I'm (unfortunately) missing photos from Thanksgiving and a family gathering on Saturday night (one with Mom's family, one with Dad's).  The solo-parenting starts to show when I realize how few photos I take at large group events!  Hopefully I'll get better at photos once Matt arrives.  [Dad surely has some on his camera though, and I'd love to add some here when I can.]

After week one (the battle with jet lag) and week two (John Paul meets the cleft team plus Thanksgiving) I'm ready for a more 'normal' week around here!  Library visit #3, some more time with friends/family in the area, doctor appointments for practically everyone.... those are the things on tap for this week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are reconnecting with old friends! How fun to see the 'next generation' playing together! Life is full!
robin

Anonymous said...

Thanksgiving:
You all in the states with relatives & friends
Grandma & Grandpa time
museums with smiles & fun
your blogs, sharing with us.
Love U
BN