Wednesday, November 23, 2011

wrestling thank-full-ness

It's always the weirdest feeling... our household busy prepping for the holiday and exactly ZERO other people in our neighborhood who have a clue that tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day.

Regardless of the holiday-ignorance our neighborhood claims, we'll be celebrating with friends and a feast and thank-full hearts. 

A few "day before prep" photos....

Our pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese icing and imported-straight-from-America candy corn decor :)  [otherwise known as "kids' dessert"]



Julianna working on yet another pumpkin - at the rate we consume these things I should seriously consider pumpkin farming.  


And one of the best parts of the day - oh how sorely my heart needed this post-dinner crazed tickle wrestle match.


Yesterday was a brutal motherhood day, the kind that makes you want to curl into a ball and hide in the bathtub. 


All this crazy hubbub left me laughing so hard my sides hurt. 


So tonight, in the midst of a long hard season that leaves me struggling to hope in God's goodness, I'm especially thankful for wrestling matches.  And dreaming of next year when there will be two more kiddos to add to the pile of twisting, wriggling arms and legs. 


My last baking of the day (pumpkin pie) coming out of the oven within minutes.  Tomorrow morning I cook the ham (and scalloped corn and yeast rolls) and we'll be celebrating all day long :) 

Thankful. 

8 comments:

JBC said...

Happy cooking and baking!

Mom/Grandmama said...

Beautiful cupcakes - even the paper holders look like Thanksgiving! Hope you have a happy celebration with lots of smiles and more wrestling! We'll certainly be thinking of you here. Love to you all!!

The Huffmans said...

missing being in your neighborhood for thanksgiving prep and coordinating our ovens so that everything came out on time. Thanksgiving makes me miss you guys more than normal. thankful for moments of joy in the midst of your long hard days. love you.

Dave and Val said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you...Looks like a festive day of celebration. Lots of fun and beautiful cupcakes!
Love to you all!

Julie Redfern said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you! Those cupcakes look yummy. Thankful for you and your family!

Rob and Carrie said...

Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Love the cute photos of Matt and the kids.

Vimal and Tabatha Patel said...

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and thanks for sharing from the heart - I love reading your posts. And I especially love Lyida's outfit - it reminds me of my Anna and how she loves to put her outfits together!

Jaci said...

Happy Thanksgiving my friend! Love you all so much.