Sunday, November 13, 2011

finally home

I landed about 8 o'clock last night - Matt surprised me and brought the pajama-clad kiddos to the airport to meet me.  Oh my was I DELIGHTED to see those little faces and snuggle up to Matt!

The first two days of my trip were jam-packed with work related stuff.... gave me a whole new appreciation for life on the road.  And a lot more respect for what Matt does when he travels!  By evening of day two I was exhausted and missing my family so much it hurt.

But I was glad I stayed another night - day three I spent hanging out with good friends, which was certainly a treat :) 

It's a quick turn around for me - packing bags this afternoon for the whole family ...... a two day trip into the mountains with some local friends.   Our weather has been super pleasant and warmer than typical, but I'm prepared for the mountain trip to be pretty chilly. 


Off to do a bit more laundry and then taking the kids for a walk before supper :)

1 comment:

Mom/Grandmama said...

Glad you're home safely and that you had a good time! I know the family was glad to see you too!