Thursday, November 3, 2011

roommate anniversary 2011

A few years ago I created a holiday.  (Hallmark can do it, so can I!)

We started celebrating the "anniversary" of the first night the girls shared a bedroom.  Lydia moved in with big sister Julianna when she was ten weeks old (a month or two after I first started blogging) and the following year (2008) I decided to create a little celebration.  It was a success and now we repeat it every November 3rd.  

Simple is the name of the game, but EXCITED ANTICIPATION describes our home in the days prior.  The girls love this (little) big night - and it's a blast for us to watch them enjoy it.

Each year we do a little something special for breakfast (this year was pumpkin muffins, complete with lit candles).


And I add a page to the "roommate anniversary journal" I started years ago - with pictures of the girls in their bedroom and a few tidbits from the day.  Isaac is an inconsistent roommate - this year he's currently out of their bedroom, but we plan to move him back in when the temperatures really drop.  It'll be that much easier to keep only one bedroom toasty warm, and the body heat of three is better than one!

Here are the pictures from this year's celebration ....



And two more views of their bedroom for the 99.9% of you who have never visited us!!!!


(The streamers hanging from the door and light fixture are roommate anniversary decorations, the butterflies are crafts from earlier this week)

And guess who wanted me to take a picture of him sitting on his bed?  (I asked him to please sit still for the picture, which explains the slightly nervous look behind his smile.  Sweet boy, he was eager to please but he also knows sitting still is not really his specialty!)


Yay for sweet little celebrations and sweet little roommates, snoozing in their beds tonight!

5 comments:

Paul said...

Happy Roommate Anniversary Julianna and Lydia. Your room certainly does look nice as I am one of the 1% ,-- I know.
love Granddaddy.

JBC said...

Happy roommate anniversary!!! We love you!

Grandma Jan said...

Happy roomate anniversay Lydia and Julianna. I agree with Granddaddy, and love your beautiful smiles. Love your smile too, sweet Isaac. Thanks for the post ,Laura. Love, Jan

Mom/Grandmama said...

Happy Roommate Anniversary! You girls are delightful apart but even more delightful together! And Isaac you will have a roommate soon, we hope! I love having Granddaddy at home - he misses you and I do too!

Jaci said...

Awesome!!