Sunday, November 13, 2011

holiday prep

We spent Sunday afternoon getting ready for the holidays.



Not a moment too soon  :) 



Our finger-sucking, runny-nosed Pilgrim.  Sweet boy is the victim of our first cold this season.  I figure we'll have dripping noses off and on through mid-March.  




The girls providing the evening entertainment.  Lydia is a unique Native American/fairy combo.  In this shot the girls are discussing the next act - the doorway is 'backstage' and they are moments from announcing in (attempted) unison "Act three is over.  Now we are starting act four." or something along those lines. 


And in the spirit of "it's never too early to start getting excited" we're prepping for two more big occasions in the next six weeks.


A 6 year old birthday....




and Christmas  :) 








Matt and I officially disagree on when to start the Christmas celebrating..... I'm an "earlier is better" kind of girl, he refuses to even consider a Christmas tree before Thanksgiving is behind us.  With these wrapped gifts in our possession the Christmas tree can't be too far away!!!  [He was gone for the afternoon and evening and hasn't seen the goodies yet!]


I'm off to more packing - we planned a fairly early morning start and I've got quite a bit of work to do before we're ready to hit the road. 

6 comments:

Mom/Grandmama said...

Love the Thanksgiving outfits - more fun dressing up! Those wrapped presents sure are a lot of temptation. Loving you all from afar!

Leslie said...

Oh boy! So much fun. Are you planning any crafting with the girls this week and next? I can't wait to see it.

Susan said...

I'm with Matt on the Christmas thing! There is a radio station already playing around the clock Christmas music, I won't listen! But I have started shopping only because I won't be able to do my usual last minute thing this year!

Grandma Jan said...

Oh so delightful to see these pictures , Laura. Thank-you soooo much. Love you all, Jan

Julie Redfern said...

I'm with you Laura! If I could have a tree and it stay alive until Christmas I would have it up already! I love the smell and the decorating and giving gifts. The thanksgiving outfits are cute and I agree with Leslie, what crafts are you planning? You do such fun things!!

Chris, Leah, Austin, Bennett and Lucy said...

I can't believe you already have Christmas presents wrapped. I have not even thought about Christmas gifts yet. Even I had not just had a baby I am pretty sure I would not be there yet.