Thursday, September 1, 2011

superman is back

and we couldn't be happier :)



oh delight of delights to have this man back to lead our home and our family.

Typically, as the travel days pass by, we get into a new routine - the first night is hard, but things get smoother as the days add up and we (me and the kids) make our own new groove.  This time, not so much.  So not ashamed to say that, health-wise, I am not in a place to successfully single parent :) 

Also thrilled that today is September 1st and I am hopeful that this crud will be over by late September.  [If I'm not going to be better by late September, I don't want to think about that right now, and would prefer to live in my own little fantasy for the time being.]

Oh, and best news yet?  Mom and Dad arrive tomorrow night.  I'm so excited they are coming, but the excitement is tempered with the realization that we won't be able to do all of the fun things I've thought to fill our days with.  But still, so so so eager for them to get here.  If all goes well their 24 hour travel stint ends at 8pm tomorrow (Friday), when they land at the airport just a few kilometers from our home! 

Mom and I are actually emailing back and forth as I wait for the photo to upload.  They just landed in Chicago and are headed towards the international terminal!  Man oh man I cannot WAIT for them to get here!


4 comments:

JBC said...

I was reading the blog and email as I saw they were in Chicago and caught them by phone in the nick of time :). Said they just got their visas checked and they are super excited to see you all soon! Hope you feel better soon! Love, hugs and kisses!

Leslie said...

SO Exciting!!!! Have a great visit and rest well.

Anonymous said...

Love your positive words & mindset to some "not so well" times. So glad to know your parents are closer!!
Blessings to each of you as you spend the precious times together.
Love BN

Julie Redfern said...

So glad Matt is home! I have 133 days left until our superman is back (but we aren't counting or anything!!) Enjoy the company and break of having your parents there. Love you!