Sunday, September 18, 2011

welcome fall

Welcome fall, we're glad you're here.  Please stay a while!   

Two weeks ago, the recorded high temp was 93 degrees.  Today's was 68.  That's a 25 degree difference for those of you non-UNC grads :) 

Late afternoon we went out walking down by the river.  (See below for proof that I actually leave the house!  12+ weeks and I am finally feeling close to normal.  Close.  Not quite, but dramatic improvement from weeks previous!)


Something about when a child meets a railing... they climb.  Every single time :) 


The girls were busy showing Dad how 'good' they are at standing on one foot. 


He was a bit under impressed with the foot standing, but enjoyed himself nonetheless. 


I am loving the cooler temps, though I know I'll be more than ready for hot summer when it rolls around next year.  Now if we can just get fall to hang around for a while, this city has a reputation of skipping the 'middle seasons' and jumping from winter straight to summer and back again.  Spring temps lasted about two weeks.  I was washing up winter coats for storage and the girls were already in sundresses. 

Hopefully it'll be many weeks (months??) before I'm pulling out winter coats, but I think the sundresses might be a distant memory for now. 

6 comments:

Grandma Jan said...

I love our changes in seasons here in good old ND. I do wish old winter wouldn't stay as long as it does but I'm not alone in that category. So thank-ful for better health for you, Laura. Love all the smiles. Jan

Leslie said...

That's a great picture of you and Matt. I bet those times of being alone without kids in a picture are rare. Such fun!

Julie Redfern said...

Such a great picture of the 2 of you!! We too are enjoying cool temps. We dropped from 85 to 58 in a matter of 4 days. Such a shock but nice anyway. SO glad you are feeling better. Enjoy the weather.

Susan said...

Great picture of you and Matt! It's starting to feel like fall here too, which is a welcome change for me too!

Chris, Leah, Austin, Bennett and Lucy said...

Love that picture of you and Matt! So cute. So glad for cooler weather and feeling better! The forecast for this week here is lows in mid-50's, highs in high 70's or low 80's and sunny. Perfect. Fall is great here and also too short! Let's talk soon!

Mom with a Mission said...

That picture of you and Matt is incredible. Glad you are starting to feel better.
Melanie