Monday, September 5, 2011

the mountain trip

The pictures clearly reveal that everyone had a great time! 

One of my new favorite sister pictures :)  This one is so sweet. 


Granddaddy and grandson on the swinging bridge


(According to sources, this little man Isaac did a LOT of walking today - he was so tired he literally could not walk a straight line leaving the noodle restaurant where we ate supper.... swerving and swaying from side to side!  Betcha he'll sleep good tonight, huh?)

Climbing the stairs with Daddy


For all you aspiring Grandmothers out there, I'm sure my mom would be happy to share her techniques and let you know just how she manages to hold hands with three children at the same time!! 


And one last shot of the surroundings.  Beautiful, isn't it?  I'm pretty sure next time I'll be ready to hop in the car and join the fun! 

But this time.... I enjoyed a nice slow quiet relaxing (hmmmm, how many more happy adjectives can I throw in???) day here at home.  I cranked out some more adoption paperwork, which I haven't looked at in weeks (thanks to the pregnancy crud).  Our next big "hoop" is our pending application for immigration approval (issued by the US government).  Once we get immigration approval our dossier (fancy word for large intimidating stack of paper) is complete and can be mailed to China!!  From there, it's a few (hopefully) quick steps to getting matched with a specific child!!  woohoo! 

3 comments:

Susan said...

Looks like a fun day. I hope you start feeling better and can join them soon! But also glad you had such a relaxing day!

Julie Redfern said...

That's some great hand holding aunt patt!!

Anonymous said...

Great to see some of the fun & accompanying smiles of your parents visit! Love the creative cooking, hand-holding, reading poses, stories of Matt's Sept. Thanks so much for sharing.
Love BN