Friday, August 12, 2011

xiao li

Our dear Xiao Li..... what a treat to spend some good time with her and her newly-adopted son, SiEn.  (Unfortunately her husband is working overtime trying to catch up from the vacation he took to go meet their new son and process his paperwork, so we didn't get to see him.)



My children LOVE Xiao Li.  I just can't explain it.  She walks in the door and they attach themselves to her.  They love to hear stories of "how Xiao Li ayi held me when I was a baby" or "Xiao Li ayi fed me pumpkin [baby food]" and all that.


And her new baby boy makes any Xiao Li visit a double treat.  He crawled all over the house where we are staying, usually following the kids.  One night they were here and my girls were in the bath - he could hear all the fun noises spilling from the bathroom and every time we turned around he was headed back down the hallway to get a good look at those silly girls :) 


And Isaac is a pretty big fan of this BOY!  Isaac is especially excited that "our baby in the orphanage" is a little boy, and he knows that Si En was an orphan so I think it's a special connection for him. 


These guys had a little fun in the bath themselves :) 


And Xiao Li's mother, carrying her grandson on her back.  Although I hardly understand a word Xiao Li's mom says it is clear that she is in love with this little guy!

Definitely a highlight of the visit - loving our time with Xiao Li and her little boy!

1 comment:

Mom/Grandmama said...

How wonderful to be with Xiao Li and to hold and love SiEn. What a blessing for all ! Love you!!