Thursday, August 11, 2011

little friends


One of the highlights of our trip???  Getting to hang out with old friends!  Our children learn early on that people move, a lot.  Most everyone they know is moving, or has moved, or just moved, or will move.  Without a doubt one of the absolute hardest things about the life we lead.  Constant relational transition.

Six months in to life in our new city and I can promise you we are still in the midst of massive relationship transition.  And you know what, some of the people we are getting to know will not be here in 2013.

Reality.  Even for our kids.  So imagine our delight to watch Julianna LOVE every single second with her old buddy Kayleigh.  Julianna was a six month old when Kayleigh moved in, and their relationship is one of the oldest Julianna has.  Earlier this week Julianna was at Kayleigh's house for sleepover number ??? - I've lost count!

LOVE this! 



and me with Kayleigh's momma, my dear friend Alisa - oh what sweet times we had!




7 comments:

Grandmama said...

Julianna - that is a look of pure joy/delight on your face! Aren't good friends just wonderful?!

Leslie said...

What a treasure to have good friends who last through moves! Hope your trip is filled with many good friends and great memories.

Julie Redfern said...

Gosh do we know what that feels like too! We have fun visiting our friends from places we have moved from too. Julianna, it looks like you are really enjoying your time with your friend!

Grandma Jan said...

Ptl for friends.I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have my wonderful friends. Absolutely love the smile Julianna. You look so happy and of course that makes me feel good. The previous post faces looked a little like, ok, Mom and Dad this is good if you say so. Love you all, Mom

Josh said...

Yay! So glad these two got to have some good time together... there's nothing like old friends... even for 5 year olds! -danielle

Kayla Rupp said...

thanks for your sweet comment on my blog the other day, friend. I am sorry you are not feelin...top notch;) you and I will catch up another time. bless you as you follow the Father into whatever crazy and wonderful adventures are coming your way!

may I have your permission to call you Wondermom? xoxo

The Huffmans said...

you and alisa failed to send me the memo that we're all growing our hair out. or maybe you are just waiting for me to come over and give you one of my awesome haircuts? glad you had a great time in KM. seeing all these pictures makes me miss you guys and KM even more!